Saturday, December 20, 2014

Photography in winter

My studio is the great outdoors, so I spend as much time shooting outside in the frigid winter months as the more hospitable summer season.

A tripod isn't an expense, it's an investment. You will earn your money back from the quality of the shots done with a good quality tripod., but to do so you will need to bring it along with you, and in the colder weather the metal legs get very cold, so I put some hockey tape on one of my tripod legs to held keep my hands from freezing while carrying my tripod.
Some people prefer extra insolation and use a piece of cooper pipe insulation available at most any hardware store, which is also very effective in preventing your hands from "frostbite".  Either way there is no need to elave your tripod behind because of the cold weather.






Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home