Saturday, March 03, 2018

Winter sports

Most of my photos are done outdoors,summer like winter.



In winter, here in Quebec the temperature pretty much stays below freezing. Batteries such as the Olympus BLH-1  are rated for temperatures as low as 14 degrees.  Batteries do lose a lot of energy in the cold, so what happens when you plan on shooting an outdoor event in the winter.  Whether i'm shooting with my Canon or Olympus, I always have a spare battery with me at all times, not just in the winter, but also summer.

I don't let cold weather stop me from doing photos, I dress warm,  keep a spare battery on me, literately,  in the inside pocket of my warm winter parka, and enjoy a great day outdoors shooting sporting events.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home